Skip to main content
Link to Search

Report fault or repair to equipment

Report a fault or repair with fire safety equipment.

This fault report page is only to be used by those responsible for high rise residential premises. Any other reports of a fire safety concern should be made direct to the relevant area office (details are available at the bottom of this page)

Lifts and Essential Fire-fighting Equipment

Regulation 7 of the Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022 requires responsible persons of high-rise residential buildings to undertake monthly routine checks of specific fire safety equipment.  The equipment covered by this requirement is:

  • Lifts for use by firefighters or evacuation lifts 
  • Automatic door release mechanisms 
  • Evacuation alert systems 
  • Fire detection and alarm systems 
  • Rising mains 
  • Smoke control systems 
  • Suppression systems 

Where faults with any of this equipment are identified, the responsible person must take steps to rectify the fault.  If the fault cannot be rectified within 24 hours, then the fault must be reported to Derbyshire FRS. However this does not mean that you must wait 24 hours to report an issue.  The Derbyshire FRS must be informed once the fault has been rectified. 

This information will assist DFRS by highlighting faults with equipment, which both residents and firefighters may rely on for their safety, so that it can be factored into our operational response. 

Reporting the fault

Faults with the above equipment that cannot be rectified within 24 hours should be reported.                                       

Please complete the fault reporting form  


Reporting the repair

Faults that have been rectified can be reported using the online repair form.

To assist in gathering the information captured by the online forms, pdf versions of both the fault and repair forms are available to download.

Person completing the report

The forms should only be completed by persons acting in an authorised capacity on behalf of the responsible person.  If you are a resident and/or leaseholder who has identified concerns with your building, in the first instance you should contact the Responsible Person for your building.  If you want to report a fire safety complaint, contact the relevant area office (details are available at the bottom of this page).