Skip to main content
Link to Search

Our Blogs

A collection of stories from across the service.

Here you can read about all aspects of the service from a personal point of view from both our operational and non-operational staff.

You can can narrow down your search by selecting a topic from the list below.

blurred background of staff with letters B,L,O and G in large text with different colours

Bev Bridgwater - Being on-call in Bolsover

2 March 2020 By Bev Bridgewater

Bev tells us how she got into the Service and what it’s like to be an On-Call Firefighter

Role Models, On-Call

Danielle Heathcote - Working Mum and On-Call Firefighter

16 January 2020 By Danielle Heathcote

It never feels like a job as it’s so rewarding. It fits perfectly around my family life and I have a boy who is proud of his mama and I hope that it will encourage him to follow his dreams.

On-Call, Role Models

Employers who support DFRS On-Call

5 March 2020 By In2Frames

Hear how a family run framing business support On-Call Firefighter, Zac Morris. Zac, an On-Call Firefighter and employee at In2Frames in Staveley, is one example of an On-Call Firefighter, being wholly supported by his employer.

On-Call

Jolene O’Sullivan – On-Call Firefighter

3 March 2020 By Jolene O’Sullivan

Working part-time as a Next Sales Assistant, Jolene found time to do the job she’s always wanted to do

Role Models, On-Call

Meet Chris, an On-Call Firefighter for Staveley

27 November 2020 By Chris Stewart

I’m looking forward to making a difference to people’s lives, I’ve always been a believer of putting others first

On-Call

Paul Hudson - Giving something back to the community

21 February 2020 By Paul Hudson

After leaving college I gained employment in the Engineering industry, which I have been doing for over 25 years. Despite enjoying this role, in 2007 I decided I wanted to give something back to my local community.

On-Call, Role Models