Posted: Monday 23 August 2021, 13:27
A fire investigation into the cause of a fire at a house on Tapton View Road, Chesterfield, has concluded the most likely cause to be accidental due to electrical items.
Firefighters from Chesterfield, Staveley, and Dronfield Fire Stations attended the incident following a call at 00:54 hours Sunday, 22 August 2021.
Crews used four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire which started in the conservatory of the property.
Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service would like to remind people of the following safety advice:
- Always check that you use the right fuse to prevent overheating.
- Make sure an electrical appliance has a British or European safety mark when you buy it.
- Try and keep to one plug per socket.
- Keep your eyes peeled for signs of dangerous or loose wiring such as scorch marks, hot plugs and sockets, fuses that blow or circuit breakers that trip for no obvious reasons, or flickering lights.
- Unplugging appliances helps reduce the risk of fire.
- Unplug appliances when you're not using them or when you go to bed.
- An extension lead or adaptor will have a limit to how many amps it can take, so be careful not to overload it.
No further information is currently available.