Inclusion and Equality
We at Derbyshire Fire & Rescue believe that there is a real need to mainstream and embed inclusion and equality into everyday business. This will ensure that we provide efficient and effective response, prevention and protection services that satisfy the needs of our diverse communities. We believe that the inclusion and equality agenda helps make Derbyshire safer by ensuring that we value equally and engage with all of our employees and communities.
Not only does taking this approach meet our moral and legal duties but also makes good business sense. Equality consideration is built into the Service business model at all levels, you can view our Equality Excellence Business Model by clicking on the image.
We have produced an Inclusion Charter that the Service and all of its employees adhere to.
I expect to be:
- Respected and included as a valued member of the service, regardless of my background
- Able to contribute at work to the best of my ability
- Encouraged to grow my capabilities and fulfil my potential
- Appreciated for the work I do, whatever my role
- Able to raise concerns about issues that I feel are important and confident that they will be properly considered
- Treated fairly and not limited by others' assumptions about me
- Able to strike a work-life balance that works for me and the Service
- Able to observe the commitment to building a sustainable inclusive environment
- Listen to other people and seek to understand
- Recognise the needs of others and treat them with respect and consideration
- Take action and ownership to make others feel included and valued
- Keep an open mind to different ways of thinking and doing things
- Develop my skills and knowledge to maximise my potential and the contribution I can make
- Challenge behaviours that I feel are not in line with Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service values
- Treat every colleague, stakeholder and member of the public with respect, integrity and dignity
You can download a copy of our Inclusion Charter below.
For documents provided in pdf format, you will require a pdf reader such as Adobe Reader to view the files, Adobe Reader can be downloaded here.
You can read more about our Inclusion and Equality work on the following pages.